Friday, August 23, 2002

First, thanks to Mr. Rob Fahrni, for poking and prodding me into actually sharing via a "blog" - he's been very patient with me.

OK, this is an online sketchbook, right? How about some sketches?

I've been learning how to draw by reading the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. And, of course, by doing the exercises she describes in the book. It really is an amazing book - she has convinced me that nearly anybody can learn how to draw - if you can see things and if you can make a pencil scratch a piece of paper, then you can learn how to draw. It's a learnable skill, not just some mysterious talent that a chosen few are born with...

First, my practice drawings (done upside down) from the chapter headings of the first Harry Potter novel, chapters 11 through 14.



Click the image for a larger view...

More to come...
Dave