It's that time of year again. A chill wind blowing, long, dark nights, ... balanced by warm fireplaces and Christmas tree lights.
And time to figure out how to spread some Christmas cheer without filling the world with more "stuff."
As with recent years, we are continuing our tradition of donating to charities in honor of our loved ones instead of spending money on "too many" gifts. I encourage you to consider doing the same, and helping those who are less fortunate than we are.
We've donated to the following charities this Christmas season. We would encourage you to do so too, with the charitable organizations that are closest to your hearts. Write up a blog post, or put it on Facebook, or send us a note. We'd love to hear about what charities you love to support.
- Agros, http://oneseed.agros.org, helping the rural poor lift themselves out of poverty (give a goat, a flock of chicks or a can of worms to a family where it will make a real difference in the quality of their daily lives)
- Beads of Courage, helping sick kids and their families
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters, helping kids with mentors and role models
- City Mission of Schenectady, feeding hungry people
- The MAGIC Foundation, helping kids with growth disorders
- Starlight Children's Foundation, helping seriously ill children cope through entertainment, education and family activities
Here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a peaceful and prosperous New Year!